LISA H. EMMONS
Whether it is a municipality or a home buyer, purchasing land and property is rarely as simple as it sounds. Purchasers are faced with decisions that often require the legal experience of a professional real estate attorney who understands the intricacies of real estate law.
Paducah real estate attorney Lisa Emmons knows this first hand. Lisa has served as an active leader within western Kentucky’s legal community for more than 30 years. Her attention to detail in her legal practice has earned her a reputation for being a real estate attorney who is able to help clients navigate the complex real estate law issues that face municipal agencies, private developers and individuals looking to purchase land and property.
Lisa’s insight into key governmental concerns, as they relate to planning and zoning issues, has provided city and county officials with the tools they need to make wise, legal decisions about land acquisition, financing, eminent domain and economic development. Her experience as a real estate
attorney has provided her clients with the knowledge and confidence they need to move forward on complex real estate transactions, foreclosures and a variety of other related issues.
While much of Lisa’s practice is focused on real estate law, she is also experienced in legal matters related to appropriately structuring and operating startup and existing businesses. She assists clients in the formation or dissolution of a business, adhering to corporate formalities, contract writing and
protecting valuable proprietary business information.
A Paducah native, Lisa is committed to helping individuals, businesses and municipalities in western Kentucky with matters related to real estate law. However, her community involvement extends beyond her work as a real estate attorney within Paducah’s legal community. She has also played a
key role in mentoring other women in business, having been honored with the Woman of Achievement Award presented by the Paducah-River City Business and Professional Women’s organization in 1990. She also serves on the Education Committee for the St. Mary School System.
Lisa is a graduate of Paducah Community College, Murray State University and holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Louisville. She is married to Keith Emmons. The couple has two children.
• Sale or Acquisition of Land and Other Commercial Assets
• Statewide Commercial Real Estate
• Transactions Representing Developers
• Zoning & Commercial Real Estate
• All HUD Multifamily Transactions and Loans
• Residential Real Estate Transactions
• Deal Structuring
• Due Diligence
• Economic Development
• Eminent Domain Law
• Government Contracts
• Governmental Land Acquisitions
• Landlord and Tenant Law
• Municipal Law
• Real Estate Law
• Retailers and Lenders
• Public Financing
• Born in Paducah, Kentucky
• She is married to Keith Emmons. They have two children, Sarah and Timothy.
• Paducah Community College, S.A., 1980
• Murray State University, B.A., 1982
• University of Louisville, J.D., 1986
• Kentucky Bar Association, Admitted to Practice, 1986, Member, Real Estate Division
• McCracken County Bar Association
• West Kentucky Women’s Bar Association – Member, Past Treasurer
• American Health Lawyers Association
• Kentucky Bar Foundation recognition for outstanding service on Board of Directors, 2011- 2016
• Member, Kentucky Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2011-2016
• Member, Business Network International, Membership Committee, Secretary-Treasurer, 2012
• Member, McCracken County Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee, 2006
• Life Fellow, Kentucky Bar Foundation, 2004
• Member, McCracken County Planning Commission, Vice Chair, 1998
• Director, Easter Seals West Kentucky
• Former Member, Paducah-River City Business and Professional Women
• Women of Achievement Award by Paducah-River City Business & Professional Women, 1990
• Former Member St. Mary School System, Education Committee
• Affiliate Member, Paducah Board of Realtors
• Affiliate Member, Kentucky Barkley Lakes Board of Realtors