Alexander “Alex” D. Blackwell
Born in Jacksonville, Florida, Alex moved with his family to Paducah. Alex attended the St. Mary School Systems and graduate in 2010. Alex chose the University of Louisville where he majored in accounting with a minor in finance. Upon completing his undergraduate studies, he decided to remain in Louisville to attend law school where he graduated from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law in 2017.
While a student at Brandeis Alex sought roles in which he felt he could help promote school organizations that were important to him. Alex served as the Treasurer of the Business Law Society as well as the University of Louisville chapter of the Federalist Society. Additionally, Alex helped found the Veteran Advocacy Organization at the law school. Alex served as the Secretary and Treasurer for this organization all three years he was in law school. Alex also served as the Associate Editor for the University of Louisville Journal of Animal and Environmental Law.
After completing law school, Alex moved back home to Paducah. He is excited about the opportunities Paducah has to offer and looks forward to providing help throughout the community.
- Born: Jacksonville, Florida
- Date of Birth: May 3, 1992
- University of Louisville, B.S.B.A. in Accountancy, 2014
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2017
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Municipal and County Liability and Litigation
- Estate Planning
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Surprise Medical Bills, They’ll Make You Sick
- Funeral Declarations in Kentucky
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls of the Single Member Business Entity (LLC)
- Backwater Hunting Law and Regulations in Kentucky
- How to Get Information when Your Adult Family Member or Friend is Hospitalized
- Business Interruption Insurance in Kentucky – Is my business covered?